Sunday 29 April 2012

JOUR1111 Blog 8, Lecture 8, Monday 23rd April


Well I actually showed up to the lecture today, how novel. Unfortunately I picked the wrong week because, as I write, I’m currently being berated, along with the rest of the class, by Doctor Harrison, who has just spent the lecture, up till now, generally being a dick. By the brief snippets of egotism that are seamlessly inserted between relevant discussion I take it that he is important and well learned but I hardly think that justifies such subpar character.

Somewhat ironically, or perhaps fittingly, today’s lecture is on ethics. We were shown a whole selection of different ads of questionable ethics and asked to rate them on tastefulness and ethicality. Well supposedly questionable; I personally didn’t take offense to any of the advertisements but maybe that’s just part of being a desensitised teenager.

After this Doctor Harrison went on to discuss ethical paradigms and the briefly onto different codes of ethics surrounding different organisations. I can’t remember the three paradigms but I do remember the ever righteous Doctor making audacious comments about his particular favoured choice being the only ethically sound model and imploring us to read his book so we can all bask in his vast wisdom.

This blog mightn’t contain much substance in relation to what was actually discussed in the lecture but I feel this rant needed to be had to express just how much the good doctor’s unbearable personality overshone the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment