Thursday 19 April 2012

JOUR1111 Blog 7, Lecture 1, Monday 27th February


I thought I’d leave my blog of the first lecture till last giving myself the opportunity to make a poetic, wistful retrospective on my experiences of JOUR1111 up until this point but with an hour and a half till submission, an atrocious sleeping pattern and a general lack of wistfulness such grand plans are going to go hopelessly unfulfilled.

Journalism was my first lecture at university and looking back over the slides is making me quickly realise that even from the start I wasn’t paying as much attention as I probably should have as I don’t remember this lecture at all.

Considering I have a blog to fill and not a lot to talk about in relation to the lecture I might take this as an opportunity to talk about why I decided to study Journalism at university. Daria, the hero of the sardonic teen, once said, “My goal is not to wake up at age 40 with the bitter realisation that I have wasted my life on a job I hate.” I realised that I liked writing but more than that I wanted something that would keep changing, something that wouldn’t leave me stuck in a room running the same equations over and over again. I don’t care for changing the world or disillusioning the masses. Not for sneaking or snooping nor challenging the system. I just want to watch the world and say what I see and most of all score some free concert tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment